Thursday, January 25, 2007

FF '00 20-1 (again!)

I was pleasantly surprised to find this whilst looking through my DATs for something else last night. I thought I only had the cassette copies I posted not so long ago, but here's the Fifty from 2000 nos. 20-1 from DAT; you may consider it rather anal to bother re-posting this so soon, just because it's a bit cleaner, especially as it's presented as an .mp3 anyway, but hopefully there may be some other purists out there who will appreciate the difference (or at least think they do, and that's all that counts, eh?).
Actually, I'm posting this to mask my utter frustration at being unable to post the Festive 50 from 2003 in it's entirety (also from DAT) because, after four hours of digitising, I found that I'd done so at the wrong sample rate, making John sound unpleasantly castrato (and what it does to Mark E. Smith's voice is just plain nasty). So Im going to have to do it all again, and I don't have the tapes with me today...blah, blah, woof, woof....
So here's part 1 and part 2.
Hopefully tomorrow I can try again with FF'03...

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you might like to know that www.DandelionRadio.com have been asked by Radio 1 to take over the running of the Festive Fifty at the request of John Peel's former production team at Radio One, continuing a tradition established in 1976. You can hear the show as part of our 16-hour schedule that loops continuously throughout January. I host numbers 26 to 19, and also begin the show with a couple of tracks that didn't quite get enough votes to get in the final top fifty.

Cheers,

Andy

Dandelion Radio

1:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you might like to know that www.DandelionRadio.com have been asked by Radio 1 to take over the running of the Festive Fifty at the request of John Peel's former production team at Radio One, continuing a tradition established in 1976. You can hear the show as part of our 16-hour schedule that loops continuously throughout January. I host numbers 26 to 19, and also begin the show with a couple of tracks that didn't quite get enough votes to get in the final top fifty.

Cheers,

Andy

Dandelion Radio

1:53 am  
Blogger So It Goes said...

Hi there, my fledgling blog 'Teenage Kicks' (www.festivefifty.blogspot.com) owes you a huge debt. Thanks for these recordings and the chance to do some more research into my obsession. At the moment, I am looking for Peel's show of May 19 1980, the one where he announced the death of Ian Curtis...don't suppose you have that one? Anyway, thanks again and drop by some time, I've linked you. Take care.

3:49 am  
Blogger hungpdown said...

You mentioned doing FF03 again, any chance of this happening? Either full or the 3 CDs
TTFN

1:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home