Monday, June 19, 2006

OK, so I'm new to this game and obviously missing something... My download stats are not exactly spectacular, and I'm guessing it's because nobody knows I'm here. So I'm all ears to any experienced blogheads who want to tell me how things work.
For one thing, I'm assuming that if you link to other pages, they are more likely to link to you, but try as might, I can't see a way to add a side bar to put links on. I'm no web whizz, but I can muddle by with HTML & Dreamweaver, but then I thought all this blog stuff was meant to be for idiots and technophobes anyway ? So where's the Easy Peasy Add Links Here template, eh ?
In the meantime, I am busy sorting out stuff in the background, so it's not all wasted time. In particular, I'm recompiling the All Time Festive 50 that was broadcast on the eve of the Millenium - I did record it, but a) didn't get all of it and b) what i did get is only on comcrap cassette, so I've been chasing up quality recordings of all the tracks, and have just one left to get now - can ya guess what it is yet ?

4 Comments:

Blogger domestic empire said...

So you know html? Try un-commenting the section containing the words "This is a paragraph of text that could go in the sidebar.", and placing your links in there. My link to your site has been up since you began and DuffPaddy links to you too so you're not completely in the wilderness! (in fact check the source on 'Paddy's site because your template appears incomplete)

12:34 am  
Blogger JollyRogered said...

Doh!
Thank you so much; I am editing furiously as we speak.
Cheers
R

1:22 pm  
Blogger domestic empire said...

Erm, you've got me listed as 'Totally Fuzzy' and Kat's Karavan is missing - otherwise well done and glad I could help :)

3:01 pm  
Blogger JollyRogered said...

Ah, right, I'll sort that out tomorrow, thanks for the heads-up
R

7:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home